Welcome to “Telling Stories: Understanding Real Life Genetics”
- Are you studying to become a health care professional?
- Are you interested in continuing to develop your knowledge and skills base within a health care setting?
- Do you teach on a health care pre-registration/undergraduate course or post-registration training programme?
If you’ve answered ‘Yes’ to any of these questions then this site is for you.
This resource has been developed to promote understanding among all health professionals of the impact genetics and genomics has on real life, and its relevance to healthcare practice. The website draws on stories that cover a range of genetic conditions including single-gene disorders (with autosomal dominant, autosomal recessive and X-linked inheritance patterns), chromosomal abnormalities and multifactorial conditions such as cancer and heart disease.
Where should I go next?
- Use the Selecting a story tab at the top of the page to find a story to read or a video clip to view
- If you want more information on the project click here
- Can’t find what you want? Visit our page on how to search the stories.
- Do you want to share a story or make a comment? Contact us.